About Technetics Group ORIGRAF® Graphite Pressure Seals
Unlike other seals, the graphite flexibility of ORIGRAF® graphite pressure seals can avoid the influence of surface defects, even in offloading conditions. Unlike flexible graphite cut gaskets, the compression of our ORIGRAF® die-formed seal is limited by a mechanical stop, such as a groove or inner or outer ring. The design prevents excessive seating stress on the seal during transients when assemblies are subject to extreme pressure or temperature.
- Excellent elastic recovery, capable of reaching 40% compression recovery/spring back effect
- Low creep and relaxation
- Good resistance to radiation (ideal for nuclear applications) and chemicals
- Adaptable to extreme thermal and pressure changes
- Excellent resistance to radial motion
- Metal to metal contact
- Not vulnerable to asymmetric tightening or torqueing bolts of assembly
- Does not bond to the contact surfaces, so can be easily removed
Industries and Applications
- Life sciences
- Oil & gas
- For use in a wide variety of applications including:
- Alkylation units
- Steam equipment
- Heat exchangers/heaters
- Piping connection flanges
- Corrosive circuits
- Critical flange applications
- Boilers manways
- Applications with fire safe requirements
Properties and Technical Information
- Extreme Temperature and Pressure Performance
- Pressure: up to 400 bar (5,802 PSI)
- Temperature: from -321°F to 4532°F (-196°C to 2500°C)
- Standard Sizes
DN (mm) 15 to 600 – NPS (in) ½” to 24″ and CLASS (lbs.) 150 to 2500 – PN (bar) 20 to 420 *.
The ORIGRAF® seal is PMUC certified by EDF (No. PMUC 17-0174) and BAM.
- ORIGRAF® ON 002 Gaskets
These gaskets have been designed for adaption to flat surfaced flanges (type FF) or raised flanges (type RF) and single insertion (type SE), following flange standards NF-EN 1092-1 and NF-EN 1759-1 (ASME/ANSI B16-5).