E-FLEX™ Metal Seal
E-FLEX™ metal E-rings are designed to have a low load, high spring back performance for high-pressure/high-temperature applications. In service, E-FLEX™ metal E-rings are pressure energized by the system which increases the contact stress and further minimizes leakage. The geometry of the E-FLEX™ metal E-ring can be designed to meet the requirements for each unique application and can be manufactured in a wide range of sizes.
Features & Benefits
- High springback/low load
- Seal profile and wall thickness designed to control loading and springback
- Available for internal and external pressure
- Range of materials (Alloy X750, 718, Waspaloy and other exotic metals)
- Large and segmented diameters available (>2000 mm/ >78.74 in)
Temperature range: from -273°C to 730°C (-460°F to 1350°F)
Pressure range: 100+ bar (1,450 PSI)
Leak rate: approximately ≤ 25 cc/min @ 50 psig Nitrogen per inch of diameter. The actual leak rate will depend on seal load, surface finish, and surface treatment.
- Tribological wear-resistant coatings available
- Custom profiles and sizes available
- Aerospace: bleed air systems, AS1895/7
- Industrial turbines: casings, end covers, segmented sections