- Nuclear: reactor pressure vessels, control rods, spent fuel casks
- Plastics/film: extrusion, spinnerets, fitters, hot runners
- Industrial: compressors, waste heat
- Automotive: head/cylinder sealing
- Defense/military: MS O-rings
Technetics Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessel (RPV) Closure Head Seals. In addition, Technetics Group sealing technology is used extensively as primary seals on spent fuel storage and transportation casks.
The O-FLEX™ is manufactured of Alloy 718 or Stainless Steel 304 tubing. Alloy 718 is the most common and preferred material because it offers optimum strength, spring back and resistance to radiation and corrosion. The base tubing is plated with pure (99.95%) silver. This combination of elastic core (tubing) and a deformable plastic layer (silver) provides durable sealing for traditional Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessels.