The KENOL joint enables high-sealing performance with a very simple and proven concept that lasts many years. The KENOL joint combines best-in-class sealing performance and ease-of-use for quick and repetitive opening and closing of a flange.
The KENOL joint outperforms other designs for high vacuum, cryogenic and relatively high-temperature applications in sealing performance with a low overall operating cost. The metal cup seal is the only replacement part. There is no deformation of the piping by parasitic torque and there is easy low-load tightening, facilitating opening and closing.
Technetics has the ability to adapt the KENOL solutions to your very specific, complex and critical applications, using custom material combinations which make the KENOL joint and seal a perfect fit to your applications.
Features & Benefits
- Easy assembly and disassembly
- Low tightening torque
- No torque applied on the pipe during tightening
- Excellent sealing levels up to 10 -9 atm. cm3. s-1 (gas volume of
1 thimble over 50 years)
- No seal creep
- Tightening force: low compared with other metal seals
- Suitable for machined surface conditions Ra 0,2 to 3,2
- Cost-effective (the only replacement part is the metal cup)
- Large range of materials (aluminium, silver, copper, stainless
steel, inconel and other exotic metals
All engineering and industrial fields requiring high-level of sealing, particularly:
- Vacuum and ultrahigh vacuum technology
- Particle accelerators
- Physics laboratories
- Nuclear industry